Need help with your PC?

You've come to the right place.

Well, sort of. I don't really want to send the message that this will be the Holy Grail of all tech help sites -far from it, I'd just like to help PC users in anyway I can.

If you've got a problem and you don't have the time to search for the solution in the numerous tech support forums found online, try dropping a post here and we'll see what we can do.

I hope I can help.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Windows 7 :Vista SP2 in disguise?

There has been talk on the net that Microsoft's latest follow-up to Vista, which it calls Windows 7, is but Vista SP2 repackaged.

Based on the Engineering Windows 7 blog, this may not be true, but based on some people who have the beta of Win7 (which we can't verify if it is legal or not), they don't see much difference between the two OSes, GUI-wise. Sure, they mention better over-all performance but it might as well be what SP2 did to XP, which gave it a better performance in addition to security.

What gives me an inkling that there is a different configuration under the hood is the numerous people looking for device drivers after installing beta Win7s - that hints on a different OS, since if it was the same as Vista, then the existing Vista drivers would have sufficed.

Anyway, it is not for me to judge whether or not the speculations are true, but I am excited about this OS. I have been following the E7 blog ever since it started last August and it would be an understatement to say I'm very stoked about the features and improvements being incorporated into it.

It would be great to know your thoughts about this, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment